About the Role
• Develop weekly lesson plans that are age and experience appropriate.
• Deliver classes in person onsite.
• Bring your experience and understanding of Deaf culture into the classroom to
share with students.
• Inspire, motivate and foster confidence in all students.
• Native ASL Signer.
• Prefer 3 years of teaching or more.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with a diverse group of students and staff.
$30/hr per class instruction
About the Maryland Deaf Community Center
Maryland Deaf Community Center serves as a center for resources, services and community for over 1.2 million Deaf and Hard of Hearing residents. MDCC aims to build Maryland's first Deaf center in Frederick and the new facility will feature meeting and community spaces tailored to the Deaf and Hard of Hearing communities.
How to Apply
Send your resume to email@example.com. We are accepting applications on a rolling basis. Please indicate this in your email subject line: MDCC ASL Teacher Application